01 August, 2010

Detangling Double Care Product

I was at the mall last weekend and I while perusing the drug store hair aisle I noticed that this product was on sale:
It is called Detangling Double Care Nourish and Repair by Garnier Fructis. I have been eyeing this product for a while because I really like Fructis shampoo and conditioner, but it just looked weird so I waited. It was on sale really cheap and I was out of Leave-in so I decided to try it.

When shaken this product mixes really well (something I worried it wouldn't). It has a lovely scent, light and fruity like all the Fructis products. But despite itsclaims, 'instantly detanges hair' 'nourishes and detangles hair-without weighing it down' it really does not aid the detangling process. Sure it added a little slip to my damp hair, but I swear pure water would have the same effect. Also, my hair was more weighed down than normal.

Overall, I would give this product 1/5. It smells nice and is generally affordable, but really has no benefits at all. I won't be repurchasing (I think it was so cheap because they are discontinuing it...) and do not recommend it. I say save your three dollars, and get a spray bottle of water instead. Or suck it up and buy Infusium Leave-In Conditioner (7-8$ a bottle) because it moisturizes and helps detangling.

Has anyone else tried this product? Do you use a detangler/leave-in moisturizer? What's your favorite?

No comments: