16 July, 2010

Hair Spray

Just thought I'd let you all know, I use way to much hairspray. I probably should have grown up in the 80's, I think I'd fit in.... I don't know, maybe it comes from my years of dancing or somthing, but I just like everything plastered smoothed into place (even if that place is messy and loose, I don't like things moving halfway through the day).  It's gross but I probably spray a continuous mist for at least thirty seconds everyday (gags most people, but I don't mind)!

For years I have been using TRESemme hairspray. It's really affordable and works like a charm. They even have an Ultra Fine Mist formula, which is a great idea if, like me, your going to overuse the product. At least that way it doesn't get all globby and thick looking. However, for like a month I have been noticing a ton of build up on my hair, and not the white flaky kind that you would expect. Basically, even after a good washing, the shaft of my hair feels sticky and coated (so bizarre). I know, I know, your probably thinking "just don't use so stinking much hairspray!" Well I really don't think this is the problem, Ive been using the same product and amount for at least four years straight and I am just now having problems.

Of course clarifying shampoos and such work just fine to get rid of the build up, but they are hard on my hair and I really cant use them comfortably more than once, SOMETIMES twice, a month.

I haven't noticed any difference in the performance of the hairspray, still holds everything just the way I want it! So I'm wondering, is it possible that my hair has just become used to the product? Or did they maybe change the formula, hence the new build up?? ...I'm so confused.

Anyway, I bought new hairspray, Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly. Totally works just as good as my usual (although I do miss the aersole bottle....)  and best part: NO GUNKY BUILDUP!

So that's my story for today.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience? What type of hairspray do you use?

No comments: