17 June, 2010

Securing a Headband

Right now I am absolutely obsessed with headbands and side ponytails! I cant get enough of either hairstyle, and don't EVEN get me started on dos that combine the two!!


What I really like about headbands is that they look great on girls of all ages. You just need to adjust the thickness and colour to suit your own style.

This tutorial is really basic, but I have been asked by so many people how I manage to keep my headbands in place. And let me tell you, it took me a long time to be able to wear them (I must seriously have the most ill-shaped head imaginable). Also, my head is very small so not many story bought headbands actually fit me, this technique will help keep most in place. However I really like using ribbon or fabric to create my own, in these photos I have on a ribbon, which I got at Walmart. The brown is very neutral in my hair, so the headband is not terribly flashy (which is fun sometimes), but the pink polka dots make it cute and feminine, just the way I like it!

I like to clip my hair up or put it in a ponytail for ease while I do this. Always start with a long piece of ribbon, you can but it down later. Wrap it around the head and make a simple knot in the back, under the hair. If you are using a thick piece of fabric or have really thin hair, you can also use a small elastic (the clear ouchless kind) instead of the knot.


Now secure the headband in place behind each ear by making an "X" over the ribbon.


Take the hair out of your temporary ponytail or clip. Brush it into place and your set for the day.

Headbands are also cute with a number of different dos. Check back and your sure to see more from me this summer, like I said, I'm obsessed! But in the mean time

How often do you wear a headband? What type is your favorite? and what kinds of cute styles do you wear with them?

No comments: