03 October, 2010

Update

I love this blog! I love taking the pictures, sorting through them, and cropping them. I love writing my super long-winded and more often than not super confusing tutorials. And I love reading the few comments I do receive. It all makes me very happy.
But it takes a lot of time!
As most of you do not know me I will tell you a little bit about me. I am a fourth year education student. I take school very seriously. I think teaching is one of the most important job and therefore I work hard to learn as much as I can so I can do it right. Currently I am in my final teaching practicum. This means essentially I am a full-time teacher and a full-time student simultaneously. I am having a blast and learning a lot!
But it takes a lot of time!

You may see a trend here...

Now I am fool. I knew this was coming. So I pre-shot a bunch of hairstyles. Then the SD card reader on my computer stopped working. So I waited for my students loan to come through . And when it did,because blogging brings me joy and pictures are essential to the blog, I used some of that money (against my better judgment) to remedy this problem (it was only 20$ no big deal, just made me feel a little guilty).
Then I created a few post-dated posts to save me some time when I knew I would be busy.
Then other bloggers, who are on their A game, would beat me to posting these hairstyles, or I would find similar hairstyles on blogs already. This saddened me, but I say to myself its no big deal, its just hair, there is no copyright infringement on hairstyles.
But I must remember I am a newbie, the new kid on the block, the little one who is trying to entice people to check me out. I know they will not check me out if I do not post original content! While I know some readers would not care, in fact some may even enjoy reading/seeing someone else's take on a style. I also know there are some people out there that would hate this. They would make a stink about me "copying" ideas, or "stealing" content. And there are also people out there who would not bother to put up such a stink but just down right don't care to read the same thing twice, and such would stop checking back because  I would be nothing but a bore to them. So I have chosen to currently not post anything.
I do not have time to think up new ideas right now, or take new pictures, or edit said pictures. So I am on hiatus. I was discouraged and ready to throw in the towel completely, but I re-considered because after all, I am doing this for myself more than anyone else and I do enjoy it. I just don't have time right now. So hopefully in December, at which time I graduate(!!!), I will once again have enough time to create new ideas and re-invent old ones. Also, hopefully by then enough time will have passed that no one will care if I have a few repeat styles.
So long for now,
farewell is the line.
Ill see you again,
and all shall be fine!

3 comments:

Bruce said...

I'm sorry that you don't have time to post any more hairstyles; I just found this blog and quite enjoy it. Your tutorial on the french braid along the bottom of the head was very helpful for me.
See you (hopefully) in December!!

MotherDiva said...

I love (LOVE!!) seeing different Moms post different takes on similar styles, absolutely love to see how it looks on different lengths/colours/textures of hair (we've got 4 different length/colour/texture combos in my house alone, so it's very helpful!).

I also understand the need to take a break, but I will be looking forward to seeing your posts when you can come back to it! :)

Unknown said...

Hey there! sorry to hear about the struggles-- i completely understand!! this hair blog biz is a lot sometimes. I've thought about canning it SO many times!! I always appreciate your comments, and keep in touch! :) My best to you!