08 September, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday

Hairstyles are a TON of fun, but I also think hair care, products and the like are really interesting. Therefore, I figured it would be fun to start a series of posts with different tips, techniques, and product reviews to address these things.  I have no experience with any hair but my own so anything I post will just be my own ideas/thoughts, I am not really into the science of it all, thus the title: "Works for my Wednesday". Hopefully some things will work for you, and if they don't you will share your experiences and thoughts with the rest of us in the comments!

If you have any tips, techniques, tools or products that "Work for You" and you would like to share please send me an email at: tweenteenmomhairstyles@gmail.com. I would LOVE to feature your suggestions here!

Now onto what Works for Me:

To begin, I should tell you, I have a small head which makes it very hard to find sunglasses, hats and headbands that fit! But I have found a way to make those adorable fabric-style headbands work for me. 
When I buy a new pack of these (usually under  5$ @ Walmart) I just throw them into the wash with my laundry. It seems the dryer causes them to shrink a little, which results in a better fit. I also find that once I have worn them a few times they tend to stretch back out. So I just wash and dry 'em again and they get nice and snug again. I think this may cause the headbands to become worn out quicker than normal, but it works for me...

Also, I don't know if anyone cares , but since my schedule has changed drastically this semester I have decided to move my hairstyle posts from Thursday to the Saturday. I think its better that way anyway, then you can spend Sunday experimenting with new ideas and go back to work/school on Monday with fun hair!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: